Kauai, Hawaii – Travel Observations
David E. Cox, 8 months ago 0 1 min read 281
It’s no secret that I love Hawaii. I’m sharing some observations from my latest visit to the island of Kauai:
- I’m sure that somebody has killed a chicken with a tee shot. The island has the most wild chickens and they are all over the place, including the golf courses.
- Wrecked cars just become part of the scenery.
- The island is full of confused roosters that can’t tell the difference between day and night. They cock-a-doodle-doo all day long and way before the sun comes up.
- Kauai is very green and green is good. It’s called the Garden Island for a reason.
- I had broasted chicken for the first time… I liked it. I don’t think broaching is uniquely Hawaiian, but that’s where I ate it.
- Loco Moco is great on all the islands.
- Maui is still my favorite island, but Kauai is an extremely close to tying it.
- The store “Big Save” saved me big. I had to buy a $13 plunger, but it was worth it.
- Due to the number of scenes from the movies shot there – Kauai is Jurassic Park. You can even take a treacherous trip to where the gates used to be. There are just poles there. So, it’s not worth it.
- I ate at Hanalei Poke, and it was no surprise that Guy Fieri had been there. There are few places in Hawaii that he hasn’t been.
- I believe I lost my Peak Design tripod tool in the rental car. Now I have to go back to try and find it.
Check out my pictures from the trip:Camera icon by Icons8
Leave a Reply