John Coltrane’s Music is Haunting
I’m a big fan of John Coltrane’s music. Love Supreme is one of my favorite albums. In fact the last seven minutes of the song Part IV – Psalm is the most powerful piece of music I’ve ever heard.
- John Coltrane’s music is often described as “haunting”. One of my favorite Coltrane songs is “Alabama” – a tribute to the 4 little girls killed in the church bombing. The melody is based on the cadence of a Martin Luther King eulogy.
- Shoutout to all the veterans. We appreciate your service and sacrifice. Happy Veteran’s Day 2021.
- Following behind a car – I was fascinated by a dog walking from side to side sticking his head out of each window. I wondered if the air was different.
- I know she’s just doing her job but the Blue Buffalo lady at the Arundel Mills PetSmart is irritating.
- I’m curious how a cake box ended up in the road – a full cake box, top partially open… sitting in the middle of the road.
- (from within a dream) The pandemic has caused a situation where you have to B.Y.O.D – Bring Your Own Door. This makes absolutely no sense, but it was a dream.
- I hate when people in front of me have long conversations with the cashier… come on people we have lives to live.
- I’ve never been a fan of the color orange. Unlike some, I don’t hate the color. It’s just my least favorite.
- There are way too many deodorant choices, as many as Dove body wash. I liked it when it was just Speed Stick, there wasn’t much to consider then.
- If I see somebody say mines instead of mine – that’s all I see… it’s hard to read after that. Hearing somebody speak it is just as bad.
- It’s best to check the weather before going to car wash. Otherwise, you end up wasting money.